Criminal Defense Attorneys
Every criminal case is different. No matter what the charges or the circumstances, there is always something to leverage. A skilled defense lawyer can identify and execute those strategies that will change the outcome in your favor.
The legal team of Levine & McHenry has achieved noteworthy results in complex and high-stakes cases by leveraging the law, the facts and the positive attributes of the person accused. Drawing on decades of experience, our accomplished partners have represented individuals throughout the Portland area, the Willamette Valley and statewide Oregon.
Effective Defense For Serious Criminal Charges
We provide vigorous criminal defense, with an emphasis on felony crimes. We handle both state and federal cases, including:
- Drug crimes — Possession, intent to distribute, trafficking
- Sex crimes — Sexual assault, sex with minors, prostitution, pornography
- Measure 11 crimes — Homicide, assault, rape, sexual abuse, kidnapping, robbery
- Domestic violence — Assault charges, restraining orders, violations of orders
- White collar crimes — Fraud, identity theft, forgery, embezzlement
- Theft and property crimes — Burglary, employee theft, auto theft
We also practice extensively in criminal appeals and post-conviction relief; our skill in this area has resulted in new trials, overturned convictions, sentence reductions, record expungements and other success stories.
Prepared To Defend Your Liberty And Your Future
Our attorneys emphasize early intervention and proactive negotiations, but we start each case by preparing for trial. This puts clients in the best position for a favorable outcome, whether the case is ultimately resolved out of court or argued before a jury. We aggressively challenge the government’s evidence and methods, and we strive to humanize our clients to the prosecutors, judges and jury members.
This approach has resulted in victories at all stages of the process:
- Avoiding arrest through pre-indictment intervention
- Release from custody and bond reductions
- Motions to dismiss charges or exclude evidence
- Favorable plea agreements
- Acquittals at trial
- Deferred, mitigated or alternative sentences
- Verdicts reversed on appeal
- Successful habeas corpus petitions
The criminal justice process can be intimidating and stressful. We are always aware of the upheaval and emotional distress in the lives of the accused and their families. You can count on the attorneys and staff of Levine & McHenry to advocate zealously on your behalf.
35 Years Of Defending The Accused
Arrange a free consultation with our Portland criminal defense lawyers. You will work directly with a partner of the firm, and we strive to keep you informed and involved at every step.